Gen-la Kelsang Khyenrab
Gen-la Kelsang Khyenrab is the Resident Teacher of Kadampa Meditation Centre Canada in Toronto, and the National Spiritual Director. A retired General Spiritual Director of the New Kadampa Tradition (NKT-IKBU), he has trained closely with Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche for nearly thirty-five years. Gen-la Khyenrab is an internationally renowned Teacher and Buddhist monk who is greatly admired for his powerful teachings as well as his pure example of humility and loving kindness.
1) How long have you been involved in Kadampa Buddhism, and what first drew you to the classes?
35 years. Wanting to find inner peace and answers to all the big questions of life.
3) What advice can you give for sustaining a meditation practice over a long time?
Make a commitment to practice meditation for the rest of your life.
4) Has meditation changed your relationships, and if so, how?
Less attachment and anger.
5) Do you feel that Buddhism has something to offer the world today?
6) Have people noticed a difference in you since you started meditating?
7) What good advice would you give to your ‘younger self’ were it possible to meet them?
Stop your arrogant ways boy.
8) Can you use 3 words to describe the benefits of meditation?
Peace, love, happiness.
9) Do you have a favourite quote from one of Geshe Kelsang’s books?
“With my mind empowered by my Guru’s blessings I can accomplish anything.”